How to Spot a Phishing Email
About this video
Phishing emails are one of the most dangerous threats facing companies on a daily basis, and we explain what they are, and how to go about spotting them.
In the video we cover:
- The 3 Types of Phishing Email you’re likely to see
- Examples of each type of Phishing Email and their intended result
- Why online file sharing services can increase the likelihood of something being clicked on or downloaded
- How to spot suspicious emails that appear to be from within your own company
- Things threat actors do to convince you to take action
Take away actions on this topic are
- Implement & pay attention to Security Warnings
- Discuss Phishing during your regular Security Awareness Training
- Consider implementing routine phishing testing / training for your team
- Implement procurement processes and stick to them!
For more videos in this series, please subscribe to our youtube channel linked below, or visit https://www.netprimates.com/tips
Contact Us if you have any questions on this topic, feedback on how we can improve these videos, or suggestions for future topics you’d like us to cover!
Resources related to this video
- YouTube Link containing Video: https://youtu.be/_7g1Uu4qhSI
- Download a PDF copy of the slides used in this Video: How to Spot a Phishing Email – Slides.pdf
- SANS Don’t Get Hooked Poster teaching people how to identify a phishing email (it’s free!) = SANS Don’t Get Hooked Poster – Identify a Phishing Email
Net Primates Videos
- Cyber Security Tips for Business Owners & Users – Net Primates Youtube Playlist featuring other videos in this series
- Net Primates YouTube Channel – All our Videos in 1 place!